It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:16 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:31 am 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
If you can't seem to get things working after trying everything there is a simple but time comsuming fix. Scroll down or go into the Getting Started section of the site and download the 3.0.3 full installer. Once downloaded delete your entire Ultima Online or Obsidian directory then run the full installer. That'll get you working again! And while your at it burn that installer to a cd so you will have it if you ever need it again!

Before submitting a bug on the patcher, please download the above file and put it in your UO directory. That should fix 99.9% of the people out there. Right click on link and select Save As
http://www.obsidianshard.com/patcher/obsidian.exe

I've put in a lot of extra error checking and fixed a lot of the people who have been having issues. I think in the last week I've invested over 72 hours of time making and fixing this patcher. It's very important to Obsidian that everyone use the patcher because it allows the staff to slip in small patches to the client and other things like music on the fly. Make sure to be running the game through the shortcuts the installer creates or obsidian.exe in your game directory NOT obsidianpatch.exe.

If you submit an error please include if you get the error in the pre-patcher or in the patcher, or both. Include anything and everything about the error message including the title of the message and any details about the message. Also include what version of your operating system you are using. Any details about your internet connection, your temp directory, and your windows directory.

Reguarding proxy users
I now have put in extra code to attempt to use a secondary patch server on a different port incase your port 80 is blocked and requires a proxy. I also put even MORE proxy code in if that doesn't work. Create a proxy.txt file and put it in your UO directory. Edit this text file so the first line is your proxy server address, second line is the proxy port, and if your have a username and password make the 3rd line your username and 4th line password for the proxy. For this to work make sure that you have the LATEST version of obsidian.exe.

For example this is a valid proxy.txt file:
proxy.myisp.com

or

proxy.myisp.com
myusername
mypassword

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Last edited by CyberVic on Thu May 06, 2004 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:28 am 
Why dont you made the patch with a original client!? all player i think that agree, because this client always crash! congratulations for the new's items visual etc! but i still not agree with this modifyed client! sry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:53 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

The bugs are still getting worked out, be patient. Quite frankly, the new client is a lot better then the original one. :) Give patches a week before you start complaining for them to be bugfixed and for you to grow accustomed to them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:12 am 

Quote:
The bugs are still getting worked out, be patient. Quite frankly, the new client is a lot better then the original one. :) Give patches a week before you start complaining for them to be bugfixed and for you to grow accustomed to them
If people didnt point out what was going wrong then how would they know what bugs to look into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:21 am 
Quote:
if you say... because in version 2.3 of obsidian i used a original client and almost i never crash, and with obsidian client im always crashing, and when client crash i need to w8 to see top200 and obsidian page that sucks a lot of time because i see that like 15 times in 30 min!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:48 am 

wow

I never crash with this new patch. (dont think i have crashed a single time actually)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:49 am 
Staff

The main changes to the client and the new autopatcher are necissary. I'm sorry you feal inconvinienced by it. These changes are crucial because it prevents all forms of hacking with the new system BB and I setup between the patcher and the client. People bitch that omfg this guys gotta be hacking then we impliment a system to prevent that and now people are bitching about the system. The fuctionality of the autopatcher will not be changing, but if the actual UO client itself is unstable post in bugs and suggestions that BB can change to accomidate you if you are crashing, but again this is a AUTOPATCHER thread not a client thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:22 pm 
I still get an error connecting to the patch, but earlier today, i was on my friends LAN connection and i was able to get on the server fine. Therefore it looks like my connection is the problem, even though i have basically the same ISP as my friend and have no firewalls installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:46 am 
Staff

I have added even more proxy code for proxy users. If you are getting Error Connecting to Proxy server still it's probably because you have a proxy. Download the latest obsidian.exe and make a proxy.txt file as described above.

Update: Been working with Zounds and the new proxy code even works with his server side invisible proxy. He just created the proxy.txt like stated above and now the patcher is using his proxy connection properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:06 am 
I love how CyberVic keeps saying 99.9% it's kinda funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:11 am 
Its more like 40% working now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:27 am 

im in the 60% that arent working then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:59 am 
Anyone else getting the "Error: Can't connect Obsidian Server, it may be down for maintainance" and when you click check for new patches it just says "Finished patching obsidian.exe, please close and launch obsidian.exe again"?

I guess a few ppl are having trouble connecting tonight as there arent as many players on.

By the way, im running XP, ntl 1024kbit cable with a Netgear Router.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 pm 
Chill guys...The things were implemented for a reason and BB and Vic are working hard as hell to make sure everyone can log on and off flawlessly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:09 pm 
Staff

My patcher does what BB tells it to. BB messed up something in this latest patch. So it's not a problem with the patcher it's soemthing wrong with BB's patch.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next