It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:24 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Drumroll Please....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Well finally the first part of the patch is tested, posted and done! I apologize for the delay but time constraints along with the through testing needed of the new systems made it take longer then usual. Fortunately I'm positive vendors and reagent farming are bug free and implemented!

There are still many other areas of the patch being worked on and it will continue to be released over the coming weeks. Things to look forward to are a non-exploitable working and fair murder system by me, hopefully an updated necromancy by the returning Jorus, and last i checked Blinkers is planning a redesign of all the events starting with boat battles! I can't wait and i'm sure you can't either!
  • [--New Features--]
  • Changelog - I will now be keeping a daily running change log of things changed in Obsidian. Now you can see what old patches did and additionally small changes not warranting announcement will appear there as well. You can find it in the Bugs and Suggestions forum
  • New Vendor System - Vendors are now placeable at your home! They are hired via a vendor contract which is buyable from any pub bartender. Currently there is no limit on the number you can hire, but we ask you to keep it 5 and under per property.
  • Reagent Farming - Reagents have always been a tough item to keep stock of until now! Reagent farming gives players with enough time and focus the ability to grow many reagents for profit! It is currently available on the north section of Haven and depending on the success may expand to more areas. It is a very detailed system so there are many strategies to get a bountiful crop.
  • Color Coded Runestones - Runestones will automatically change color when marked to denote whether the area is guarded or not. If this is popular we may expand on it.
  • Resource Spawning System - All the resources in the game (ore, logs, fish) have random respawn rates based off the amount of players ingame. The more players that are playing the quicker a mine or tree will refresh.
  • Sheep Shearing - Sheep have always been a near endless supply of cash for skilled tailors and because of this we have added a little more complexity to it. Sheep now have the chance of being spooked if you do a bad job shearing them making them unable to be sheared for awhile. Additionally there is an extremely small chance you may kill them as well. Shearing success is based off tailoring, and if you also happen to be an expert animal tamer or better you will have no chance of killing your sheep.

[--Balancing Changes--]
  • Negative Potions - Forgetful, stumble and weakness potions now remove 3 to 5 points in any given stat. Hopefully this will make them a little more desireable.
  • NPC Tags - All NPCs are now tagged as such ingame as to not confuse some of the newer players to the game
  • Shopkeepers Stock - NPC shopkeepers will now sell more of any given item at a time. They also now refresh their money again.

[--Bug Fixes--]
  • Alchemy Bug - Fixed a bug where you could make potions without using reagents
  • Animate Dead - Necromancers are no longer able to animate dead player corpses
  • Top Players Board - Staff members no longer appear on the top players board
  • Poison Fix - The poison potions and spell no longer stack. Also the poison wall spell no longer lags the server.
  • Animal Res - Animals will no longer magically resurrect randomly after being killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:22 am 
Weeeeeeeeee!

I just wich I had the CD now :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:28 am 
Nice :D

Bloody good job. Can't wait to try it out later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:46 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

ok, i just bough some vendor deeds to see how thye worked, i dont know if it was just me, but when i dbl clicked them outside the house i wnated to place them, and u are not the owner ( I was a friend) the deed seemed to vanish. But with ur owner u can place it at the house. Also, when placed, it seems anyone can hire it, cos the said friend of house hired it after the owner had placed it.

just letting u know, cos if u mess up its 2k gone :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:03 am 

wat about necros? still not fixed? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:39 am 
i think the success rate of making -stat pots should be uped
and the reg requirement droppped
as its stands if one pot takes 3-5
a semi-active maxed stat warrior would gain like 8-10 int a day?
so 2-3 pots would be required
which means 12-15 bones
whihc means each day we would ahve to hunt like 3 deamons
not undoable
but excessive?
just a thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:21 am 
theres gonna be lots of ppl hunting daemons=/ especially fencers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:47 am 
I cant add the vendor to my house.
when i double click the deed it says "Stand where you want to place the vendor" over the char... and in the left bottom of screen says "Please Target the sign of your house"
But the vendor doesn't apear !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:33 am 
Regeant Farming. how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:00 am 

i went to 2 pubs and theirs no deeds their for vendors...

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:02 am 
just as there is no more seeds for reg gardens, if we even knew how they work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:25 am 

nm i found some deeds

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:03 am 

not all the pub vendors sell deeds, but theres one in the vesper pub, on markos. and the seeds seemed not to refresh after the first round was bought. exation refreshed it but still no respawn after they were bought. maybe they only refresh once the current regs have been harvested, just wait and see or wait for BB's reply i guess :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:05 pm 
i like most of the update but why do you have to keep killing off necros!
i mean c mon!
necros are the coolest of them all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:07 pm 
He didnt script the necreos so he doesnt know how all spells work. I will hopefully get e copy of the file necro is in and play with it locally and fix it all up.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next