It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:26 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:18 am 

Ok, I have been gone for a week and a half, I actually went and visited a good friend of mine, many of you know him as kilourious. Had a great visit. I come back and see alot of this bullshit on the forums which to be honest with you, i'm used to seeing. And i'm not gonna say i'm innocent when it comes to this, I complain as much as the rest of you, maybe even more. I also bitch at cybervic/bb/other gms quite a bit. But seeing all this and seeing how upset BB is about it all, made me think. Sure we might not think some things are done farely, but for fucks sakes, how much money is BB payed to keep this server up, none, and how long have some of you played on this free server? Me, its been over 3 years, almost 4 now. We need to all SHUT UP before our mouths run us straight into the server being closed down. Alot of you are probably like me, very opinionated, and you all prolly love running ur mouth, but here, lets all try something.....How about next time you feel like running ur mouth, bite ur lip, grind ur teeth and take a deep breath, and think to urself....ITS ONLY A GAME!!! I'm gonna try it so how about we all try it....i'm out

ps. Kilo is one cool mother fucker, lets try and get him back into this game finally

Cleetus - GM tailor
Xzero - GM fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:58 am 
heh as i said in the novel i replied to BB thread i guess some ppl open their eyes now, good thing, i do sometimes complain too but always tried not to overdo it, and exactly because of that, ITS ONLY A GAME AND ITS FREE dammit, we cant ask staff to run it as if it was a paying shard

guess now we'll see who actually enjoy the shard still and those that just dont give a f*** about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:05 pm 
theres way to say things you dont like without bitching at it you know, or i guess you dont anyway, ppl will have to make the difference between these, just tell whats wrong or just plain bitch that it sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:18 pm 
yes! Goddamnit man, there's a freaking reason everyone is forced to spend so much time in school being taught how to write essays, and its not so we can learn to bullshit our way through topics that we don't care about and are never going to use. It's so we can learn how to organize our thoughts and argue things in a effective persuasive (non insulting) way, and that goes way beyond just school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:21 pm 
that pretty much resume my point perfectly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:50 pm 
This is all true, and I have been shocked to see some of the threads made recently even extend to personal attacks towards staff and the like!

However, I think the single greatest problem affecting obsidian right now is the loss of many players through discontent (which alot of the complaints on forum have been a symptom of).

I think we all need to get our heads together and help BB, Cyber and co get obsidian back into full swing again, and make them feel that their work is appreciated.

We also need ensure that effective player-staff communication is maintained, so that some of the players who have left will feel more inclined to return if their issues and reasons for leaving in the first place are resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:15 pm 
Very well put Zur, I agree with you 100%!!! We can also try bottling up our rage and releasing it at an apropriate time like the one time I threw my wiskey bottle at the referee at the game, you guys remember that when I threw the bottle at the referee?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:52 pm 
If you have to say anything, just verbally abuse another player, its pretty damn funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:01 pm 
a simple solution shouldn't be a huge paragraph long.. I refuse to read it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:14 pm 
perhaps if he drew it out caveman-style it would be better for ya tyger? :P

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]