It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:27 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2

Is it fair that I am auto banned for using 3rd party cheat programs?
Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:58 pm
Yes  92%  [ 12 ]
No  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:31 pm 
i think its fair. no adventage.
I've never used no other macro or programs that the one in game. Never really liked people who could heal without having to unequip.:)

Using programs do not give you experience, since you rely on programs to do the work you should do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:12 pm 
I think the only third party programs that should be allowed would be ones that don't go beyond a player's normal abilities(things like UO Automap, UO Autopilot, and the such). I personally find UOAP extremely useful as it does not go beyond natural limitations, and i'm certain it can help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome or RSI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:59 pm 
-bump-

Duo's a cheater!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:17 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
lmfao hey all you good mages out there. none of you have those proggies right. psh. atomisk tried to get me to get a 3rd party prog back in the day, its just for the map he said, (to find the barbarian spot) i said no then but it was retarded of me, probably lost to about 50 people with macro programs. if you dont make em all unusable than you are purposely giving people who cheat an advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:12 pm 
OMFG, you can't use any malicous/cheating 3rd party progs for Obsidian..

only thing you could use to run away from someone is a speed hack.

doesn't increase your casting time, doesn't shorten it doesn't increase damage doesn't make you god like just lets you run away faster..

and DUO tried to use injection on the patcher, took him 8 hours CV said and even then that bullshit doesn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:25 pm 
this brings up a good question...

what kind of life would i have to have... to have NOTHING better to do than search the Obsi forums for a post about... DUO... of all people... congratulations... you've just given me an aneurism. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:29 pm 
Duo's a haxxor :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:54 am 

omg lol, let a dead thread lie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:07 pm 
Background on this lovely topic for those that weren't around when it happened:

Broadband and Duo were working on a new program, a sort of obsidian based proxy, that would automatically detect and ban a lot of bugs and even some speed variants that occured.

The only problem with this was two things happened simultaneously:

#1. That weekend, broadband put the first test of the proxy on the obsidian server without telling any of the other staff. Turns out he made one mistake, the detection settings were set too high and people with faster connections sometimes got banned out for "speed hacking".

#2. The original version of this post was actually a poll asking whether players would support a security feature that would disable almost all 3rd party programs you could run with obsidian.

Now the problem here is, Jorus was around that weekend, and saw the echos on the admin line about all the people being banned for "speedhacking". Duo was on this list, along with a ton of other veterans.

So he altered the topic and poll of this thread to reflect his views that Duo was trying to whine about being banned by the new detection program.

In any event, all the veterans got unbanned, the proxy was recoded and was retired a couple months ago due to a more effecient system being put into place, but still provided a lot of security for the shard, and the patcher you all use was put into place as the first step in blocking 3rd party program usage.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2