It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:21 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 am 

Right. This is how it is.

While this is a game forum and as such will never be made 100% politically correct (I'm not into complete censorship here), i have been disturbed recently by the amount of downright offensive crap people have been spouting at each other on the boards.

This is a game, and thus is intended to be fun. The best element of Obsidian for me has and always been the community here.

There is absolutely no reason why you guys cannot conduct yourselves here as you would in real life. Just because you are sat behind a computer screen does not mean that your words and actions have no meaning.

I would like to see each and every one of you try and restore the sense of community that we have always been proud of on Obsidian. Praise rather than insults, support rather than criticism, friendship rather than hatred - is it really that difficult?

To remind you:
Quote:
4. Absolutely no comments that aren't politically correct. As in, you may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player or staff member. That means no using Jew, (Racist words are not tolerated here. Consider this a first and final warning)., Polluck, or any other slur, in ANY form. Again, no grey areas. If it appears to mean something, then it is illegal. So variants on jew are not tollerated.
However, we all know that 'rules' are only the start of it. Prevention is better than cure, and I would ultimately much rather some of you think before your speak (replacing malice with kindness and altruism) than jail you.

I'm relying on you guys to turn this around both ingame and on the forums. For those of you that refuse to do so, I will consider you troublemakers and you will be dealt with as such. This extends to banning you from the forums and/or the game if the gravity of offenses warrants it.

Take care guys, <3 to you all, and I hope you heed this before we lose any more good players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:28 am 
especially now that the cove gy is full again. I teached the basics of obsi to 3 new ones till now - and there are some other ones too. Today there were like 6 new ones there :) Let's not scare them away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:31 am 

Woo 6 new people.. our community just doubled to 12!! YESSSS!! .. ha

But it is good to be seeing new people on the forums, although i'm unsure how many of them have really made it in game..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:08 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
(unlawful harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language )))this simplycant be the rule or everytimesomething mean is said you should get jailed. also what is unlawful language exactly? theres no such thing. i mean cmon. ashes cant say mean things to anyone anymore? noone can curse? also threatening is what pvp is so how do you not threaten. im not one to curse people out or say racist things, but how will you ever enforce this? by sceenshots? that would make no sens because i could run up to some guy and curse him out and when he responds take a screenshot of it and bam that guy is in trouble? you just need to chill out, and not start jailing people over this, that kinda stuff will make people leave. --- reguarsing your other post thass, yes everyone deserves to be jailed! jail party! woot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:17 am 

Jeez, you managed to miss the point entirely. Congratulations.
Quote:
While this is a game forum and as such will never be made 100% politically correct (I'm not into complete censorship here),
My motives are good so please don't criticise this. Of course people will argue it is human nature, but there is a line that has been crossed too many times recently and people need to stop this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:20 am 
Just one thing I wanna point out: If someone sent in screenshots to staff saying racial slurs then pretty much all the shard would be in jail...

But meh, I continue to say what I want in-game because its a virtual world, so, i say what i wanna say in-game.

Last edited by shadow_tamer on Mon May 23, 2005 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:24 am 

my point exactly. thassius your post was very threatening. and yes its hard to be nice when theres so many jerks. i went through 2 weeks of adam and ashes posting in everyone of my threads flaming me. theyve finally stopped that. but yeah ur gonna join ashes and im gona despise you sorry but thats the way that is, ive never seen a bigger jerkoff than him my whole time here.
#1 hes a cheat #2 hes a res killer bug abuser ect... #3 hes an arrogant prick #4 the only reason hes good is because he fights noone good. he is a scared little punk. haveing as much stuff as he does and still using that bless bag doesnt show you that? sorry im just urked by this descision thass, i didnt think you were in line with that scum.

Last edited by Dracula on Mon May 23, 2005 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:27 am 
plus i find it amusing to read the flames on the boards. Lol, that is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:34 am 

WTF would be the point of forums if we couldn't voice our opinions? Sometimes you gotta say something to get a point across. I don't think we should be in any way censoring people's opinions, cause after all, it IS just an opinion.. and this IS just another MMORPG..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:40 am 

How am I in line with pkers? I don't follow your logic.

Look, im not being 'threatening', or saying that everyone has to be nice all the time. I'm simply saying that the arguments and flames have escalated to a level that is not acceptable, and would not have been tolerated 6 months ago.

For this reason, I am asking some of you to be more careful in what you write.

As for staff members using racial slurs, If you see ANY staff member do this then please take a screenie and PM me. I know of one staff member who I have seen do this and it is unnacceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:44 am 
I don't think someone would report a staff member for saying a racial slur, for the same reason no1 reports afk macroers in vesper, its just being a rat...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:45 am 

no.. more like, people won't report them because they do it themself too.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:47 am 
i miss the days when you could just kill the afk macroers in town :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:48 am 

Yeah, for real. Take this f****** noobie protection off so we can use weapons/cast spells in town..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 pm 

you can use weps in town stop saying that everyone says that. =P

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next