It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:30 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:02 am 
i believe in jeebus! why? cuz everyone else does! w00t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:54 am 

I believe in god and also in religion. Im not religious, but i respect those who are.. they open themselves to god and dont think of him only when they are in trouble or need a little extra help like most of us do. Most religions are a healthy environment to be in, and those in it usually live healthy lives. Go to church once a while and confess bitches.. it helps.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:12 am 
f*** god, no actual proof that hes real, i prefer the scientific part of life, evolution and all the scientific parts of our universe.

A religeon is just somethin people make up to explain the unexplained, like what happens after death.

Is there a life after death?

I dont think so, u only live once, do whatever the f*** you want in you life, because when you die theres no going back.

might as well enjoy your only experience in this universe, because before you know it your gone.

My question is why show religeon?

Waste of time to really talk about i think....

Enjoy your life, worry about yourself, other people are good to have around, but its not worth worrying about them, everyone dies, its a part of life, everything that lives must die eventually.

But really, there is no proof in ANY kind of god in ever. Science, its good to explain the unexplained.

Live, party, enjoy your life before you die, Dont waste such a short time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:08 am 

Hmm.. there has actually been studies where people have been hypnotized and taken back in time.. even further back than when they were in their moms belly. So far back that they saw how they died in their other life, and later then went and check the grave of the supposed person and she did live and died the way the person being hypnotized saw herself die.
Theres more to life than just partying, you will know if you actually do party not just say it. People dont just die, if a loved one dies a part of you dies with them, you need to see other things in life other than the artificial and what you see on tv as cool. Live your own life, dont do as you see. Dont believe in god just because, and if you do believe in god then thank him for what he is, not by going to church but by doing "nice" things. Its important to know that there is something out there bigger than you, and that you have to respect it. Dont say that there is no proof of gods existence because there is no proof of he not existing either. No he did not make this world in 7 days, but who else made it if not he. Why are we here? to party? pssst.. I did rather think that there is a bigger purpose for my life and that i will leave something behind me other than an empty bottle of liquor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:32 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

omg so many pple dont believe what a wake up call. dont worry he still loves you.

*prays for you all* oh and btw durrr.... definition of faith:

Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
A set of principles or beliefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:13 pm 
I believe something/someone (god) had to have created this world it opperates too smoothly to have been an accident that evolved. i try not to spend much time thinking about it, cause thats how ppl go crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:33 pm 
Of course i belidve in jesus, he was with me in bed last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:16 pm 

here's what I believe in and its what everyone else should believe in as well......I believe that everyone has their own right to believe whatever the hell they want to, whether you believe in god or not, you are always right. There is no real proof that god does exist and no real proof that he doesn't exist. I myself believe in god. I love having the feeling that there is always something more powerful looking over me. but just because I believe doesn't mean yuo all have to. One thing I can't stand is the scientific fucks who insult those who believe with what they call...the facts! and what else I can't stand is the People who believe in god and hate those who do not....basically they think the nonbelievers should burn in hell for eternity. So yes, In my opinion, god does exist, so does heaven...but like I said, that's just my opinion!

Cleetus - GM tailor
Xzero - GM fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:18 am 

Quote:
frack god
im going to go ahead and call you out on this as being the most ignorant thing said in this thread. while i respect that you can believe what you want, this is just a stupid thing to say. there are a few possible outcomes:

1) god does not exist - ok, then maybe you're right and god doesnt exist. however, if you dont believe in god in the first place, why would you need to say 'frack god' at all.

2) god does exist and you dont believe - well (IN ACCORDANCE WITH WHAT MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE) then you burn in hell for eternity

3) god does exist and you do believe and yet you still say 'frack god' - well then you are either masochstic or stupid.

NOTES:
-this is simplified for the sake of brevity.
-this is not necessarily what i believe.
-i am an engineering student and as such i am in full support of the sciences and i believe that they can explain most (probably almost everything) about the universe.

Crepti
many people, myself included, believe that if someone has no chance to learn about jesus they are not condemned to hell for eternity. i personally believe (and i would imagine that there are others do also) that denying jesus is what leads you away from heaven/salvation. if someone never knows jesus but leads a good life, then they will go to heaven.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:08 am 
Ahhhhhhhh yet another decent post turned into a flame by shadow tamer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:24 am 

lol

and sorry if i sounded mean. that wasnt my intention

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:35 am 
well it was my goal...this guy makes everything he says a flame and it gets on my nerves bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:33 am 
Quote:
Bruiser listen to Bad Religion - some intelligent stuff in those lyrics :)
bad religin rock

and no i dont beleive in god, and religion seems to cause wars
but i do believe Lemmy to be the god of rock 'n' roll :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:55 am 
Quote:
Crepti
many people, myself included, believe that if someone has no chance to learn about jesus they are not condemned to hell for eternity. i personally believe (and i would imagine that there are others do also) that denying jesus is what leads you away from heaven/salvation. if someone never knows jesus but leads a good life, then they will go to heaven.
Okay, fair enough. So, slightly different situation. There's a very old lady, Mother Teresa figure, who goes out and helps sick children. Makes many of them better, and lets them lead normal lives, instead of dying before their time.
But she doesn't believe in God... She often says outright that He does not exist.
Where is she going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:48 am 
I don't believe in GOD or a higher power, why? there is lots of reason I could give, but I don't think it's necessary. No one can prove that she/he does exist nor can anyone prove that she/he doesn't exist and there shouldn't be a need to. If someone has a better life believing in a higher power then I say -let them believe.

The sad and horrible thing with belief and religion is the fact that it's often used as an excuse to do horrible things, like holywars, genocide, terrorism and so on. And I don't think that'll ever gonna change. Since we as a race are bound to destroy ourself in our vain atempt to prove ourself to others or to prove ourself to whatever higher power we believe in.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next