Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:51 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
no, because he dosnt exist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm 
lol me and darr was on about this 2 nights ago
i say no too
fu*k all can make it self and the best minds in the world say so.
iam with them if fu*k all can make it self who made god and dont say us.
that is B.S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:00 pm 
yes, i do believe in myself thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:45 pm 

yeah i do. but religion can go f*** itself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:29 pm 
well i do becasue if you dont belive in him and christian religion is true then you will be in trouble but if you do belive in him and it isnt true what dose it hurt? so what im saying is you end up being fine wiht both sides bliving in him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:38 pm 

well heres a little story for u to read, and at the end think of the final statement

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:

John:
"Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary:
"Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:
"Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"

John:
"If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the shit out of you."

Me:
"What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"

John:
"Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His ass."

Me:
"That doesn't make any sense. Why..."

Mary:
"Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the ass?"

Me:
"Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."

John:
"Then come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:
"Do you kiss Hank's ass often?"

Mary:
"Oh yes, all the time..."

Me:
"And has He given you a million dollars?"

John:
"Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."

Me:
"So why don't you just leave town now?"

Mary:
"You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the shit out of you."

Me:
"Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's ass, left town, and got the million dollars?"

John:
"My mother kissed Hank's ass for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."

Me:
"Haven't you talked to her since then?"

John:
"Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."

Me:
"So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"

Mary:
"Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."

Me:
"What's that got to do with Hank?"

John:
"Hank has certain 'connections.'"

Me:
"I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."

John:
"But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's ass He'll kick the shit of you."

Me:
"Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."

Mary:
"No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."

Me:
"Then how do you kiss His ass?"

John:
"Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His ass. Other times we kiss Karl's ass, and he passes it on."

Me:
"Who's Karl?"

Mary:
"A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's ass. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."

Me:
"And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His ass, and that Hank would reward you?"

John:
"Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

** From the desk of Karl **

Kiss Hank's ass and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
Use alcohol in moderation.
Kick the shit out of people who aren't like you.
Eat right.
Hank dictated this list Himself.
The moon is made of green cheese.
Everything Hank says is right.
Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
Don't use alcohol.
Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
Kiss Hank's ass or He'll kick the shit out of you.

Me:
"This appears to be written on Karl's letterhead."

Mary:
"Hank didn't have any paper."

Me:
"I have a hunch that if we checked we'd find this is Karl's handwriting."

John:
"Of course, Hank dictated it."

Me:
"I thought you said no one gets to see Hank?"

Mary:
"Not now, but years ago He would talk to some people."

Me:
"I thought you said He was a philanthropist. What sort of philanthropist kicks the shit out of people just because they're different?"

Mary:
"It's what Hank wants, and Hank's always right."

Me:
"How do you figure that?"

Mary:
"Item 7 says 'Everything Hank says is right.' That's good enough for me!"

Me:
"Maybe your friend Karl just made the whole thing up."

John:
"No way! Item 5 says 'Hank dictated this list himself.' Besides, item 2 says 'Use alcohol in moderation,' Item 4 says 'Eat right,' and item 8 says 'Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.' Everyone knows those things are right, so the rest must be true, too."

Me:
"But 9 says 'Don't use alcohol.' which doesn't quite go with item 2, and 6 says 'The moon is made of green cheese,' which is just plain wrong."

John:
"There's no contradiction between 9 and 2, 9 just clarifies 2. As far as 6 goes, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure."

Me:
"Scientists have pretty firmly established that the moon is made of rock..."

Mary:
"But they don't know if the rock came from the Earth, or from out of space, so it could just as easily be green cheese."

Me:
"I'm not really an expert, but I think the theory that the Moon was somehow 'captured' by the Earth has been discounted*. Besides, not knowing where the rock came from doesn't make it cheese."

John:
"Ha! You just admitted that scientists make mistakes, but we know Hank is always right!"

Me:
"We do?"

Mary:
"Of course we do, Item 7 says so."

Me:
"You're saying Hank's always right because the list says so, the list is right because Hank dictated it, and we know that Hank dictated it because the list says so. That's circular logic, no different than saying 'Hank's right because He says He's right.'"

John:
"Now you're getting it! It's so rewarding to see someone come around to Hank's way of thinking."

Me:
"But...oh, never mind. What's the deal with wieners?"

Mary:
She blushes.

John:
"Wieners, in buns, no condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is wrong."

Me:
"What if I don't have a bun?"

John:
"No bun, no wiener. A wiener without a bun is wrong."

Me:
"No relish? No Mustard?"

Mary:
She looks positively stricken.

John:
He's shouting. "There's no need for such language! Condiments of any kind are wrong!"

Me:
"So a big pile of sauerkraut with some wieners chopped up in it would be out of the question?"

Mary:
Sticks her fingers in her ears. "I am not listening to this. La la la, la la, la la la."

John:
"That's disgusting. Only some sort of evil deviant would eat that..."

Me:
"It's good! I eat it all the time."

Mary:
She faints.

John:
He catches Mary. "Well, if I'd known you were one of those I wouldn't have wasted my time. When Hank kicks the shit out of you I'll be there, counting my money and laughing. I'll kiss Hank's ass for you, you bunless cut-wienered kraut-eater."

With this, John dragged Mary to their waiting car, and sped off.

now think, do u realy believe in god?

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:40 pm 

NO , because the religions say what they want so u can be part of them

i believe in myself as a person period !

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 pm 

I believe in 'humanism' I suppose. I like to think that their is an innate sense of good that can be found without looking to a religion for your answers.

Not to mention that the bible is full of contradictions!

The most important point of all (and I've won plenty of arguments with this I assure you) is that the bible was not written by god, or jesus, or any form of higher power.

The bible was written by men, and therefore is subject to the inherent weaknesses that come with that. Not only this, but the fact that the bible itself is a pool of stories, accounts and 'knowledge' from so many individuals means that inconsistencies and contradictions are rife.

You do not need faith in a higher power and to follow your life as dictated by religious writings to have a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:27 pm 
Quote:
and the best minds in the world say so.
...and you just discredited yourself. Many brilliant people believe some greater power, and *gasp* some even are religious! Intelligence is not a factor in whether you believe on God or not. Sure you could say a lot of people have stupid reasons for being religious, but plenty of people have stupid reasons for being completely atheistic as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:43 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Yes... but not the way that general organized religion says to. For a more detailed explanation about organized religion, see my thread titled "It starts with a cage containing five monkeys".

There is just too much in the universe that can't be explained by anything other then God. Hopefully, someday we will unravel and understand these mysteries, but when that day comes; wouldn't we be considered gods to a species like us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:48 am 
I believe in a certain set of Gods and Goddesses, but not in a religion. I don't talk about my beliefs on this issue much, not even to my fiancee, so I'm not very well practiced in discussing them. But my beliefs are enough for me.

If we're talking along the lines of organized mass-sheep religion, then no, I certainly don't believe in that. It's just wrong... People should believe what they want to believe, not be force fed some sanctimonious drivel from childhood that gives no freedom whatsoever.

I was talking with the Bishop of Manchester a few years back*, and we were talking about the practice of raising children in a certain religion. He was saying how this would make them good people, and would send them on their way to heaven. So I asked him this...
Say there were a small family on an otherwise deserted island somewhere. They've never been in contact with other people in their whole life, and know nothing of religion. They just live their lives, day by day, taking the bad with the good. They love each other dearly, they never harm each other, and they always help each other. One night, a ship gets wrecked in a reef half a mile off the island. The men on board dive overboard, and struggle to stay alive. Hearing their cries, the family rushes to help. They're frightened, they've never seen other people before, but they refuse to let them suffer. The women stay behind and make beds and fires, and the three men swim out to the shipwrecked crew. They bring them back safely, and the family look after them. When they got better, the family helped them to build a large ship, to get them back to their homelands. However, it turned out to be their undoing. The men were pirates, and as soon as they were done building the ship, they slaughtered the family, who put up no resistance.
At this point, the Bishop looked at me and was very confused... You could tell he was trying to figure out what this had to do with anything.
So I asked...
"This family loved each other, care for each other and others, and never do anybody any harm. Yet your religion damns them to Hell. They had never been to church. They had never thanked or worshipped your God, as you say is crucial to going to heaven."
He tried a few times to explain his way out of it, but he couldn't. In the end he said, if was God's decision, and he couldn't think on God's level.

Organized religion is a load of rubbish. If you wish to believe in God, then fine, go ahead.. But at least do it on your own terms.

* I may not believe in Christianity or Catholicism, but I know a lot of people who do. In fact, the Dean of Stockport is one of my closest friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:15 am 

Quote:
fu*k all can make it self and the best minds in the world say so.

AHHAHAH man do you realise how silly that sounds? f*** religion cos the brainy men say, its exactly like f****** science cos the holy men say. Dont believe what others tell you to, believe what you want to.

i'm with crepti and gunkata, i believe in a god, but the religion that goes with it can stick itelf.

I think how can we have all of this we have without a creator, thats my view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:33 am 

Bruiser listen to Bad Religion - some intelligent stuff in those lyrics :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:41 am 

okies man, i got 3 of their albums as presents from years ago, never listened to yet, :)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next