It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:56 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Best PvP mule!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:37 am 
Hiya guys! (and girls)

What would the best combo be for a PvP character in stats and skills?

Mage PvP:er, how would it look?

Warrior PvP:er, how would it look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:13 am 
Mage PvPer = GM Magery, GM Med, GM Resist, GM Eval, GM Healing, 60 anat, GM Poison.
Stats = around 100-120 str, 10 or less dex, and around 150-170 int.

Warrior PvPer = GM Swords/Macing (I'd say fencing too, but it's pretty weak in PvP) GM Healing, GM Resist, GM Tactics, GM Poison, 60 or GM Anat (depends on your style, and if you wanna heal through poison) then you can take GM parry or GM Archery.
Stats = 150-170 str, 100-120 dex, 10 or less int.

That's the "cookie cutter" way to look at our PvPers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:53 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Another possibility is that you could combine the two to make a mage warrior that most people call a "tank" (I wouldn't reccomend this for your first characters). Tanks are pretty hard to know how to fight well with and it's only main benefit is in defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:01 pm 
Since there is no deadly poison pot id suggest a warrior take 75 max in poisoning if you want to damage the opponent.
Most ppl use poison to null a heal, and for such occasions 30 would do fine.

Tanks make for nice pvm and pvp chars depends how u play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:04 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I guess I'm a cookie cutter warrior, except I prefer 140 str and 140 dex. I also have fencing, and after a LOT of debate about keeping it, I've decided I like it. It does not do much damage in PvP, but it works great for PvM. A kryss with 100 dex makes short work of the little annoying things that bug you during hunts. A GM kryss will do more damage over a 30 second period then any other GM weapon, by a long shot, but each hit does not do much damage in itself, which is why it is so bad for PvP. Even a Kryss of Vanquishing has a very hard time getting to a mage when the mage has Reactive Armor on...you need something with hard hitting power. A decent war fork (on a good swing) can do about the same damage as an average battle axe, but there are lots of misses, and it's really slow. For everything (and everyone) else, there’s archery....Hard hitting power with a fast rate of fire.

I'm not a great PvPer, but I do OK...win some and lose some....and have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:21 pm 

yeah im on my way to 140 140, as of now im at 139 130, and im still not sure if im gonna go 150 130 or 140 140. I30 dex is great though....my bow shoots as fast as i want, and if im cross-healing(healing another player) my delay is about two seconds. However, being able to take 160-180 damage would be kind of nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:34 am 

Dex shouldn't be affecting the healing rate after 120. IMO it's making warriors just like a concrete cube - you can flame it, you can kick it, hey you can even smash it with an axe and it'll hardly take any damage...as for dealing damage....yup the concrete cube analogy fits nicely. (It'll just sit there and be too busy taking the damage to actually deal any out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:25 pm 

yeah thats why im not sure what i wanna do yet...i dont just want to be able to survive in PvP, i want to kill in Pvp. However, chances are, ill be using my bow for both hunting and Pvpin(if it comes time) So...in order to do that, i know i need high str. So, anyone have suggestions, on what i should do?

160 str 120 dex
150 str 130 dex any of these are easily done for me, considerin i have a
140 str 140 dex fisherman....so what should it be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:38 pm 

Hmm I go for 160 str and 120 dex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:18 pm 

Both you listed as having 7 gm skills and because of the no race thing now that is not possible so i guess that means there will be no new good Pvp chars until races are put back in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:16 pm 

Quote:
Both you listed as having 7 gm skills and because of the no race thing now that is not possible so i guess that means there will be no new good Pvp chars until races are put back in.
maybe it's been edited (I assume you're talking about Circas post?) - but I read 6GM skills and one at 60 for both mage and warrior....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:23 pm 
I never edited it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:49 pm 
well he is right, there will be no new pvp warriors untill races are brought back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:26 am 
yea, until races are back there can only be tanks. i went with 150 str 130 dex and i fare pretty good. drink a dex pot and heal like really fast. damage is still good.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]