By playing Obsidian, you have acknowledged that you have read these rules and will abide by them.
Account and Character Creation
- One account per person that may only be accessed by that same ONE person.
- No trading or selling of accounts.
- If you have multiple people in the same household (same IP), contact staff so they are made aware.
- No AFK/unattended/inactive Macroing.
- No exploiting bugs. If you find a bug, PM staff on the forums about it.
- Do not use Area Of Effect (AOE) spells to kill animals or players inside of houses or through permanent walls.
- Do not abuse the AI of monsters.
- No attacking, looting or killing of players in Cove.
- Houses can be no closer than 2 steps away from all pathways.
- You cannot block off parcels of land greater than the area of the houses used to do it.
- 3rd party programs are allowed, with the exception of programs that allow you to perform an action that would normally be impossible.
- Examples of programs not allowed include but are not limited to the following: Razor and Injection.
Language and Behaviour
- Do not use offensive or sexually explicit language.
- Do not harass other players. If they ask you nicely to stop bugging them, please do so.
There are no GREY areas in the rules: if staff determine that
you are breaking a rule, you are breaking a rule. You cannot use
a loophole in the rules to claim innocence. Do not try to exploit
the wording of these rules. If you think something is wrong and
that you should not be doing it, then it probably is wrong and you
should not be doing it.
Should you have a complaint about the application of a rule, please message GM Echo on the forums.
You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on Obsidian or its websites, or use Obsidian for any other illegal purpose.
You may not use Obsidian or Obsidian's websites for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.
You may not post or communicate any player's real world personal information within Obsidian or through Obsidian's websites.
You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information that is required at the time you register with Obsidian.
You will not upload or transmit on Obsidian, or through Obsidian's websites, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Obsidian users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Obsidian in maintaining the service for the enjoyment of all its users.
You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. (Obsidian will not be held liable for its players actions, but will co-operate fully with any investigation by any law entity fully.)