you are a member of the The Obsidian Service,
you must abide by the following rules.
By playing the obsidian service, you agree that you have read and understand the following rules, There are no GREY areas in the rules, if a staff decides you are breaking a rule, you are breaking it. You cannot use a loophole in the rules to claim innocence. Jorus, Blinkers, and Broadband may at any time declare something illegal, and thier rulings supercede anything written on this page, so do not try to exploit the wording of these rules.
1. No AFK macroing - Do not leave your computer for even 2 seconds with a macro running. Macros are legal only so that players do not develop carpel tunnel syndrom, do not abuse this privelege or macros may be banned all together. if you are caught AFK macroing, you will be punished, which ranges from a macro stone to instant jailtime, depending on the staff and the incident.
2. No Reskilling
- AKA Ressurection Killing. If a player dies and ressurects
at a res ankh, you are not allowed to kill them again until
they do one of five things:
A. Purposfully initiate a hostile action against you. For example if they still are in war mode from rezing and accidently punch you while naked this is not a purposeful hostile action. Name calling does not count.
B. Assist others who are hostile to you. As in healing someone pking you.
C. After fully looting their body they follow you away from the scene of the initial kill and harrass you.
D. You are still looting the body and they try to recover loot from the body. Once you are done looting they are free to loot their body even if you are still standing there.
E. The player uses the -1 rez option to prevent you from looting their corpse. This is pretty much the same thing as D. You are preventing the murderer from getting your loot so they have the right to kill you again.
3. Keep it PG-13. We have some younger players playing on the shard, and while they may not be offended, thier parents might, and you don't want to get them kicked off the shard by thier parents.
4. Absolutely no comments that aren't politically correct. As in, you may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player or staff member. That means no using Jew, Nigga, Polluck, or any other slur, in ANY form.
5. Unless you are a new player stay away from cove and the newbie graveyard.
6. Do not PK players inside or around cove OR the britain graveyard.
7. Do not harrass other players, if they ask you nicely to stop bugging them, please do so.
8. You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
9. No exploiting bugs. If you find a bug, PM broadband on the forums with a complete description of it, and how it can be duplicated. If later the bug is found, those who had knowledge but did not tell the staff about it can get in trouble, and if you used the bug to gain an advantage, you can get in even worse trouble. Even though infinte HP may seem cool, it won't when your STR is set to 20 permanently.
10. Although The Obsidian is not a role playing shard, role playing is encouraged. Please see the role playing section for more specifics on the subject.
11. PK'ing is legal on this shard, however there are many actions that are "frowned upon" by pks, and some that are illegal:
A. Killing Crafters
B. Killing Newbies
C. Using blue characters to circumvent the red pk restriction
D. Abusing features such as the rune chamber to otherwise cheaply PK someone
A. Using a bug to PK people
B. Abusing the blue bug to remain a Blue noncrim PK
D. PKing or Looting during an EVENT
12. Staff Members are not allowed to decorate for players and or adjust stats or skills, so please do not page them for this.
13. The Message board is there for open discussion, GM bashing and or player bashing will not be tolerated there. If you have a complaint about a player or a GM, please use the feedback section of this web site or PM BROADBAND, JORUS, or BLINKERS. All topics found that fit the above description will be locked and the poster possibly temporarily banned from the boards.
14. Player houses, castles, tents, towers etc.. must be placed at least 2 steps away from a pathway or entrance to a public area. And no items may be locked down outside the house if they go inside the 2 step limit. Any house placed that does not follow these guidelines are subject to deletion along with items inside.
15. Players are not allowed to purchase personal spawns of any kind including but not limited to Town Vendors, Bankers regs etc. So please do not ask. Guilds and Towns are the only entities that may purchase spawns.
16. Guild Stones are not allowed to be placed in city limits, unless you own a house in city limits. Suggested location for guild stones are near your house or place of occupancy. Guild stones found to be placed out of this order will be deleted.
17. Cheating and Exploiting will not be tolerated. There is a ZERO tolerance for these actions and you will be banned or jailed. Report any bug or exploit you find IMMEDIATLY to broadband via the message boards PM feature.
18. Players are allowed one account with up to 5 characters. Any player found with more than one accounts will be banned. IF for any reason you need to access more then one account at a time, pm broadband or jorus and they will see if your reason warrants a temporary waiver.
19. The only item allowed to be newbied by a gm is your keys to a house. House keys are automatically newbied upon placing the house, this includes the set you get in your bank box. (Original keys to a house are auto newbied, please do not page for this.)
20. GM's are not allowed to move a player (in the exception of being stuck) or resurrect them (with exception of dying in an area that is impossible to res in), or in any way aid them in aquiring corpses or lost loot of any kind, please do not page them for this.
21. Player names and titles are not to be changed for anyone, for any reason, except by a GM when it's necissary to change someone's name if deemed offensive.
22. Players found to be placing items to "block" public areas of the Obsidian world will be banned. The only exception is those who purchase walls for thier homes. You cannot purchase a wall if it will block one of the following: Spawn, cave, mine, dock, monsters, or dungeons. The only thing you can purchase a wall around is nice empty land.
23. Players may not harbor or confine any NPC in their housing or with other objects.
24. Please remember that when paging a GM, be as specific as possible. Pages asking if certain GM's are on, is a player on, general questions and tips are not accepted and will be ignored. These types of questions are best answered on the message boards or email.
1. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on The Obsidian or it's web sites, or use The Obsidian Service or Web Site for any other illegal purpose.
2. You may not use The Obsidian Service or The Obsidian Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.
3. You may not post or communicate any player's real world personal information within The Obsidian Service or through The Obsidian Web Site or bulletin board.
4. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information that is required at the time you register with The Obsidian Service.
5. You will not upload or transmit on The Obsidian Service, or through The Obsidian Web Site or bulletin board, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
6. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Obsidian users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of The Obsidian in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.
7. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation. (Obsidian will not be held liable for it's players actions, but will co-operate fully with any investigation by any law entity fully.)
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR OBSIDIAN ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE OBSIDIAN WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN MADE.